UNION FIRE COMPANY
Union Fire Company was formed in 1927 as a result fo a house fire in Echo Beach Section in which the Cornwells Fire Company was unable to reach the fire due a train crossing on Station Avenue. This fire exposed the need for another fire company in Bensalem Township. The fire company started out in a one bay garage located on Station Avenue under the direction of Fire Chief Robert Oneil. The following year on May 3, 1928, the company received its state charter. The following year the men of Echo Beach and Cornwells Manor built a new two bay garage at 2066 State Rd to house the apparatus. In 1949 two new bays were added to the building due to the need of more apparatus. The Membership in 1959 determined the need for a new more modern firehouse and had land donated by Mr. George Sinns of Echo Beach, which is the current location of the fire company. Several Years later in 1965 more space was constructed at the firehouse making it capable of storing additional equipment.
In 1954, the company joined the Bucks County Communications Association and purchased radio equipment for trucks and station. In 1955, a Dodge tanker truck was purchased and has been determined to be the first of its kind in the township, capable of carrying 2,700 gallons of water with a 500 gallon pump. In 1976 a custom aerial ladder was ordered and built, making a total of 5 pieces of apparatus available for service to the community. This included a 28-foot boat and a 14-foot rescue boat. A 1979 Pierce Engine with a 1,000 gpm pump,with a 75-gallon tank of foam for hazardous materials fires that was capable of carrying 2,000 feet of 3 inch hose. In 1981 the Fire Company joined the County Fire Control which today is the Bucks County Emergency Communications Center in Ivyland, that handles all fire and rescue call dispatched to the department.